Two years ago Nick and I took Abigail to see Santa a month after she was born. We took the best picture and everyone thought it was priceless!

Last year was another story. I went by myself, which was the first mistake, and Abigail just screamed and did not want to sit in his lap. (See entry "Visit with Santa..." from December 2008)
This year I had it all planned out. So I thought! Nick was going to come and we marked the date on the calendar for December 3rd. Of course Abigail got her 2nd cold ever that week and I just knew it was going to be too much. I had been talking to her about Santa for a week and reading her Santa books in hopes that it would all go well when we did make it to see Santa. Last week on Wednesday I realized that I had to do it soon because we were going to start potty training this week. I was near the mall and decided to take her even though I really wanted her in her black velvet Christmas dress for the picture. I made a big deal about it and tried to get her excited; however, it did not work. She clung onto me and would not let me put her in his lap. She was fine talking to him and giving him a high five as long as she was in Mommy's arms. Finally one of Santa's helpers suggested letting her sit on the bike. That worked well until I had to take her off and leave. I'm not sure what I was thinking other than it was now or never if I wanted to get the picture with the same Santa. Here are the three that I took. The first picture is the best but the camera never focused because I was hurrying to get the shot! Grrr...

Abigail really loved the bike!

Trying to figure out why Santa's helper was trying to get her to smile.

Santa asked for a hug and this is what he got!
1 comment:
It looks like the same mall santa as the first picture! I actually think that the first one turned out pretty well
Post a Comment