Thursday, April 9, 2009

Florida Trip 2009

A few weeks ago we took a vacation to Orlando, FL. My parents own a time share at the Orange Lake Resort & Country Club right outside of Disney. The last time I was down there was in March of 2006 when Nick was deployed to Iraq. I was so excited to take a trip to Florida as a family and with my husband this time!

Orange Lake Resort - Swan Lake

The weather was really nice when we were down there. My parents got to golf, we took Abigail in the pool a few times, we played miniature golf, we visited with friends, we shopped, relaxed and had some good food! The plane ride went very well! Abigail's ears did not bother her at all. She sat in my lap and we looked out the window at lots of cars, water, clouds, lights, etc. I was so thankful we were able to keep her occuppied for 2 1/2 hours. I just did not want to be one of those moms with a screaming baby:) *Smile* Abigail loved the warm weather and being outside. We had her walking everywhere! She is Miss Independent now!

Abigail started doing a few new things on the trip. Other than wanting to walk everywhere, she has added to her vocabulary and can point out parts of her body. She also finally said "Ma Ma!" Another thing she began to do was cry/fuss when some one would leave her presence. It was not just a Mommy and Daddy thing. When Nick and I do leave or walk away she does fuss even more. We think she just likes to be with everyone! There is so much more I could share but there is just not enought room to type it all:) If I remember something I will let y'all know. We did not go to Disney World this year because Abigail is so young and would not be able to enjoy it. Maybe next year? Enjoy the pictures!

While my parent's checked in we had fun taking pictures.

After a very long day, Abigail finally fell asleep when we got to the restaurant.

Gettin' some good food!

Being very careful...

Why is this water getting higher?

Can you tell we are from PA???

I'm ready for Disney!

Abigail is starting to love stuffed animals.

How come the best pictures happen when you are at the grocery store?

Where is my food? This sun is getting hot!

I really like this picture of Nick and I:)
Tell me why I don't have a picture of the three of us from our trip??

We ate at Boston Lobster one night.
Here's your ride home after the "all you can eat" buffet!

Abigail had fun playing with our friend's stuffed animals.
She attempted to sit in the chair when we first arrived.

She absolutely loved this dog and carried it all over the house!

Here is an example of her independence.

The End!

2 comments:

Brynn & Henry said...

I am so jealous! It looks like you guys had a great time! I really would like a vacation like this right now! These are memories that you will have forever.

amy said...

I love all the pictures of ahagail in the water!