Thursday, October 22, 2009

Trip to Ohio

Two weekends ago Abigail and I went to Ohio to see my mom's family. I had not seen many of them in 6 years and some 10+ years! It was very nice to introduce everyone to Abigail and spend time with family. It was my Uncle's 60th Birthday and so we had a surprise party for him on Friday night. He had no clue until he walked in the building! On Saturday the family got together for lunch. We had lots of really good food and the rest of the day was spent visiting. On Sunday we took Abigail to the Farmpark in Kirtland, OH. It was sooo cold! The weather channel told me on Thursday that it was going to be in the low 50s. So I brought a few layers for Abigail since I knew we would be outside. Her jacket has a hood so I figure we would be good. Well it never got close to the 50s and ended up being low 40s, windy, and cloudy. I had no hat or mittens for Abigail. The place was nice and had lots of things to do. I wish the weather had been nicer because I feel like I was just worried about Abigail being too cold. I was able to take pictures of most of the things we did.

One of the first things Abigail did was take a pony ride.

She really enjoyed it and ended up riding the pony three times.

Here is a picture with Abigail and Grandma coming around the circle.

You can tell she was not interested in Mommy taking a picture of her head in the pea pod.

After playing in some hay, walking around, and trying some apple cider. We decided to go inside an arena to get out of the cold!

Here is Grandma, Grandpa and Abigail.

Inside they had all sorts of farm animals and a ring for horses. There was a beautiful horse that came over to see Abigail. She was able to pet it.
As we were leaving we decided to walk back through the visitors center. We had no idea what they had inside. There was a large room filled with 30,000 ballons. It took a few men 5 days to put together all the displays you will see below. I have a few other pictures but I figured I would highlight my favorite displays.

This tree was in the center of the room and was one of the largest displays.

The airplane was hanging right over the door we came in.

They had made a big red barn and inside there were lots of chickens.

There was a car with two farmers. One was driving and the other one was loading fruit into the back.

There was a wagon with pumpkins and other fall vegetables.

It took some effort but I actually was able to get Abigail to hold still and stand in front of this tree long enough to snap this shot.

1 comment:

amy said...

How fun! I'm glad your family got to meet Abigail. I like all the balloon pictures :)